R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 PM
M3Man03
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3Captain
Okay guys, been reading forever and have decided to ask for some opinions. I realize I am in the 210 thread so I expect it to be a little bias, but here goes.

My son is just getting into racing and said he would like a 1/10 buggy for Xmas. I have never raced one. I was always a nitro guy years ago and raced electric on-road and indoor carpet. I am now back into racing with him and feel he will really benefit from something 2wd and since he said he likes the buggies he made my decision what to get him. He is wheeling a Losi 4wd Short Course truck right now (i know, bad habits etc..., but I wanted him to have fun and not get discouraged from the beginning) I am running a 22SCT.

So here I am researching hours upon hours what to buy. I have it narrowed down the the 22 and the 210. As I said, we both have Losi's and I have always liked Losi products, but 10 years ago there wasn't much else to choose from besides AE. The Durango has really caught my eye, I just need some more info about durability etc (are ball cups really that bad?).... Parts support is kind of a mute point as my LHS doesn't carry anything buggy related so it will be mostly mail order. I just keep reading how durable the Losi is and that it is such a great buggy. While I have no doubt it is, it seems the Durango may have in edge in setup options out of the box without spending tons of $$.

So please help us out. As I said, parts support is not that important so it comes down to the two buggies and really durability as an 11yr old will be driving it. Thanks in advance! Seems like a great group of follow/supporters in here
Don't listen to the people who have had 1 or 2 problems and then say the whole thing is faulty.

This buggy is frankly like the 22 was when it first came out... ahead of it's time.

I've assembled countless RC vehicles in my days and the issues that come from this buggy primarily revolve around that it is a very advanced build. You have to be good at building cars, know where even manufacturers don't necessarily tell you to do something an do it because you know it's right.

The ball cups is a perfect example. They made the plastic stiff and hard and made it shrink back to the mold size even after being threaded into. Once someone knows this and sees this, they need to be savvy enough to know they need to cut out the threads with a tap or other similar means for it to work. I've done this to mine and have NEVER had an issue.

But like I said, it's very durable, very quick and a excellent choice.