R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Slapmaster6000
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ah, that sucks. I did that in Vegas, but you should have seen the board I clobbered. Run a bumper, that's all I can say about that. Sorry, no spare chassis plate.

Think Vic does 17.5 boost if I am not mistaken. So that is like a quicker 13.5 blinky with a little faster corner entry speed. You can try the 10* reactive caster blocks if you want more overall steering then 5*'s. Watch for it to be "darty", then you'll know to go back to 5*'s.

.412" is too much. Think of king pin length as the same as TC droop. If you have more front droop under acceleration in a TC, what does it do? It will push power on. Take droop away, it what? Keeps more weight on the nose and makes more steering. Try .400-402 with the silver springs, .404-407" with the blacks.

If you are going to run stock, look for a 72 spur right now. You will need upper 50's for pinions. No offense, but it sounds like you need a little more seat time if you are blowing out bearings and knocking the corner off the chassis. Race stock, I promise you will have your hands full. It's packed with some fast guys. Mod has taken us some time to get sorted and it didn't happen on the first visit.

Black/graylow will work at our track too.

I will see if I can scan a set up sheet for the Xti and post it up for the Seattle Gym. If not, PM me your email and I will send it over.