R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Save your local hobby shop?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Zerodefect
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JPKinsella
Your the reason why the Country is in trouble, Move to China where all your money is going and our jobs are retard...Most All of the tracks in my area are hobby shops first then tracks a couple of the have been around 25years+ and have some of the best race programs in the Nation. Without the Traxxas's of the industry where people get into the hobby cheap very little of the tracks would survive. More people spend money at the shops the less they will charge the more parts on the wall better facillity to race at. Buy the way all my local rc shops will match online deals or beat them if they are not already...Just ask, the stuff all comes from the same wholeseller anyway. And I am not saying all shop owners (employees) are good either some are awful just the way it works out sometimes.
Herp a derp much? Maybe you should post something more intelligent before you call others "retards".

I'll bet your LHS has jack that can keep me in the Amain. None of the LHS's here will match online prices. Even if they still make $100+ for 15 minutes of labor. (my Losi 5ive sale for example)

I only know one LHS that supports a track.

It's not rocket science to bring in racers to your shop. But i haven't seen a LHS that could:
-get parts I broke on Saturday to my door by thursday
-not completely rip me off. I'm not paying 20% more than online for the same goods
-have a decent return policy

Every time I go to a LHS, everything I see is completely out of touch with racing. Racers have no choice but online anymore.

If I made half of my purchases from a LHS, then I would miss most of the races.