R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:04 AM
oilguy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate
The engine pictured is an OS XZB with a black crankcase and carb. No one has tried to make it out to be anything more than that, heck it's even called the B-Power 21XZ-B... Yes, it is a low profile cooling head. Crank wear is fine. Only seems to be one person on here beating the drum that XZB cranks wear out. The engine pictured above is $279

If you don't trust the crank, the Bitty Edition Speed XZB is only $419. I don't think anyone will be able to beat that price.

Yes, u r obviously correct on the pictured falcon to be an xzb based motor, i just got the impression people were thinkin it was speed based which is another animal completely......and as far as I knew it was commen knowledge that OS uncoated cranks were known to be soft material when compared to picco or novas, stemming from the vzb days....the xzb vspec is identical to a bo2 ninja crank with the exception of the dlc making the heart of the powerplant (crank) last maybe only 1/3 as long....no disrespect involved nor was i intentionly bashing the engine...it looked as if it was an overpriced vspec that are $230/240 all day, everyday...while if in fact a bitty speed is identical to the xzb speed, $420 would be a spot on # for street price....