R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reedy Sonic
Thread: Reedy Sonic
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 06:58 AM
geeunit1014
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eevul
I am currently running 0 / 8 / 9 / 4 and have tried 0 /10 / 10 / 0. Would 0 / 10 / 12 / 0 work? Timing in the motor was tested using the stock settings, and now is 35 degrees (mine is the second gen Sonic with the updated timing marks).

I read somewhere that I should be setting this ESC to blinky mode and crank the timing. Then, start adding timing and boost and gear down as needed and watch my temps. Is that a good way to start with these things? I'm fairly new to brushless so any help is appreciated. I bought a second Reedy Sonic 21.5 for my FF03 running on blinky and it runs great with the stock settings.
First thing to know on the stock spec, stick to the even # boost profiles. The odd # ones are slow ramp, and that will make it feel very slow. I would go with 0/8/10/x on the esc, and turn the timing down on the motor to 30*. You shouldnt need a lot of motor timing in boosted, and you might find you could do with even less. You didnt mention what rollout you were at, but I would try gearing up from where you are 2 teeth or so