R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Soviet
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I honesty don't understand why everyone seems so anxious for a factory team version right away.

Does anyone really think that blue aluminum and graphite bits make you a better driver???

If anyone knows anything about racing they know that parts break/bend. Take for example folks who run (ran) the TC3FT with it's aluminum CVDs. After a day of racing I would bet more than 90% of you had bent CVDs.

However the racer kit's molded CVDs were next to near indestructable and ANY TC3 you saw at the 2001 / 2002 Eastern ROAR regionals used this "cheap" part because it was better for racing.

Thats my point. There is a HUGE difference between a car built and setup for racing and a car made to "go fast and look cool."

Heck, most racers in NC and VA that I know who run / ran the TC3 used the racer kit, as it was lighter and more durable. Myself included of course.

So I'll simply buy the CHEAP TC4 Racer version thank you very much, as my skill and tuning experience are way more of a hop-up than a blue battery brace could ever be...