R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 07:34 AM
dino.tw
Nitro Tech

Default Re: ATTENTION! New K Factory Steering Arms SUCK!!

Originally posted by KMac
I put the new arms on my car about a week ago and have had nothing but problems; no matter what I do the car pushes!!!

I finally put my car on a stand and cycle the steering from hard left to hard right. When I do the left suspension raises up at full lock!?!?!? WTF? So I take the arms off and compare them and lo and behold the geometry on the left is totally different than on the right!?!?!

Does anybody elses' look like this? Surely, they must, unless these are molded in a multiple cavity mold and I got a steering arm from a bad cavity.

Check this pic out:

Notice how the ball ends on the left steering arm (the one on the right in the pic) can't travel as far as on the right arm. This is what is causing the left suspension to lift!!! Also notice how much wider area "B" is than area "A", and how line "C" is tilted much more than line "D".

This SUCKS!!!!!! I can't believe anyone with the new steering arms is getting good performance.

K Factory, you owe some people some new parts!!!!!!!!

Check your front dogbones. The left suspension raised up and locked due to the dogbone is too long. Take out the shim behind the front one way joint cup.

About the steering blocks,I don't think you need so big camber or -5 downstop setting in front....it just does not look so good...

Last edited by dino.tw; 10-11-2004 at 07:39 AM.