R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Sarinexia
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Questions?? Help w/Motor Mounting please

I have a tekin 7.5 I'm attempting to install on the b44.2. However, I'm either over tired from work today, or I simply don't get it. (I'm putting it down for tonight, but still wanted to throw this out there).

The instructions say make sure the posts on the motor clear the top deck. However, I don't know how I would bend them down! I want to show you guys something on these:

I know this isn't the 7.5, but it still illustrates my problem. There is a type of hard fiberglass board right behind the posts. I don't particularly feel like breaking this piece to get these posts closer to the motor can. So, the other option is to slightly tilt out the posts away from the upper deck. Look at this picture of the mesh below:

This leads me to the question as to what holes to mount that piece onto the motor. Here are the holes on the Redline:

Sigh... maybe I'm just overtired, but maybe someone can walk me thru mounting this thing. I looked at the instructions and didn't feel the instructions did a good job illustrating how this motor sits in the motor mount.