R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 11-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TMS-99
Thanks for the tips Casper! I am trying to visualise and understand how making the above changes will help so I can be more self sufficient with setup in future. I did some reading to figure out what these chanegs will do. Correct me if I have this wrong.

Stand up front shock: from JQ setup guide - This will provide more steering into the corner and the trucks steering will be more responsive. Is this to push more weight onto the outside rear quicker to generate more grip therefore stopping it dumping? This change kinda confuses me.....happy to test it though and see what it does.

Sway bars: I get the basic concept of sway bars - they stop body roll. However should I only use a front sway bar or both? I am thinking I need both. If I was only to add the front, it would push more weight onto the outside rear causing it to grip initially then suddenly break traction and spin which is what is happening now.

BTW: My 22T is hauling thanks. Just need to get my 22sct getting around the sweeper and it will be hauling too!
JQ guide is for 4wd and 4wd and 2wd don't always react the same due to the front tires pulling. I found standing the front shocks up help in stability in high speed sweepers. Laying them down make the front end a little more agressive in high speed on my 2wd cars. (top moves)

Swaybars will take away traction from the end you apply them in general but with these top heavy SCT's they will also reduce exessive body roll side to side so you don't need to run as stiff a spring. The truck will stay flatter through the turn and not blow through the shock travel a quick into a high speed turn.