R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 PM
DesertRat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
You are not nuts. If you use the middle holes on the servo saver, have your ride height right and shim up your spindle ball studs you will get little to no bump toe.

The trend for lay down servos is mostly about lowering the CG.
CG is important, true that...

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
Frankly, you've always been a bit off.
If you thought my old XL car was weird before, you should see it now.

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Desert...the closer you can get the steering links to level with the ground the less bump steer you will have. You may need to move the ball studs down on the servo saver and space up the ball studs on the steering knuckle.
Originally Posted by protc3
Actually the turnbuckles need to be parallel with the upper arms to eliminate bump steer. It is close to impossible to eliminate bump steer with a flat servo but you can get get it close to gone with taller ball studs on the steering spindles.
On cars with long front arms without any real angle to them such as the Associated front end, it seems fairly simple to get the bump-steer out of it by making the angle the same. Other cars, such as the new CRC XTI, have very short upper arms with lots of angle built into them. Somehow this doesn't seem to matter very much, as the bump-steering is XTI is laying down the law at the IIC, the Halloween Classic, and other races with this front end. Kudos to Knapp and Tortorice and the rest of the CRC crew. Also, Knapp ran the fastest single lap of the 1/12 modified A-main at the IIC... so I evidence is mounting that I really don't know shit.

(note: Tortorice won 17.5 at the IIC with a stand-up servo in a Xi chassis)