R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

been working on getting a JRX-S Type R together. Noticed that when attempting to mount my Promatch Shorty lipo it was too wide for the trays. did some dremeling but ended up cutting through the plastic tray lol. So worked on an alloy tray that came with the kit, got it together good.

Just an FYI for those using promatch shorties, there seem to have no curvature on the lip of the lipo in comparison to there saddle lipos (all I had) when I fit them, had to dremel more.

Also, I noticed that when I mounted the Exotek lipo top deck, it seems to rub some on the steering saver from lock to lock. The ball stud would hit it. I actually raised up the linkage to on top of the servo saver arm instead of the ball stud mounted from underneath. that seemed to clear it up.

One thing I did notice though is that the stock inserts from the parts the saver spins on are really soft material. Anyone know of something that is more durable or has a hex area you can grip easy with a tool to keep it still when taking it off?

All in all though, considering its older tech I like what I am seeing. Looking forward to running it next time indoors.