Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 AM
orcadigital
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racecees1
Hey i have a question about my s411
I have a ver2 or 1, really dont know and dont care but i have it only once this
year at the ETS this year and i have discovered that for some
reason the car drives really easy but it lacks cornering speed big time.
i drove with a 13.5 speedpassion and a cirtix esc.
I have replaced the standard arms with the hard ones and also
toe in blocks.
Mine topdeck is replaced with a 1.75 version.
i also use a RIDE spring set with 550 shock oil all around.
all the suspension brackets are standard kit and the stabi,s are also standard.
Droop is 6 front and 5 rear and i use no rolcenter plates in the rear and 0.5 front and stock front,rear.
The car drives really easy with a 4,5 modified motor in it but when i drove it with the speedpassion motor it just had no speed in corners and also zero roll.
I want to see if i can get a good set up with the stuf i have for my car and not to have to buy tons of option parts for the car.
Cuz im suffering also of the economic situation here in europe i can not buy major new stuff and have to do with what i have!
I must say that i have become more a fan for modified racing then stock racing because of tempering with motors and batteries.
I really like the car and want to improve the car so im hoping that maybe some of you have some really helpfull tips for getting more oomph out of my car!

Thanks allready
I am far from am expert on setup, but slow corner speed to me usually means one thing. That you are slowing down for the corner more then others. This is usually because if you go faster, the car will not make the corner (push probably). Following this logic, there are several ways you can go, either trying to get more bite on the front end (more steering) or less on the rear (more rotation). Depending on this happening entry, mid, or exit will determine how you want to handle it.

More information about the slow cornering speed?