R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI RS4 Rally
Thread: HPI RS4 Rally
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 05:56 AM
FatBattery
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dexter24
Anybody tried running using saddle packs (want to try Lipo's) in a rally ? If so how have you done it and any pics to show ???

It says you can on this link but dont know how it is done............

HPI Archive page..........sorry i could'nt post the link !!!

Also as i stripped to clean and rebuild my RS4 Rally what upgrades would you recommend for it, not sure whether to run old school electrics or go the BL route ???

cheers
I think normal lipos should come close to fitting as the standard battery pack would. I am pretty sure my turigy lipos are longer then proper hard case lipos and they just fit but not properly. They push the body a little out. Using Velcro to stick saddles each side of the belt makes more sense now that I think about it. Go with a 17 turn or something especially if you want to keep your people top on and stay cool.Making a little vent in a good place and adding a cloth filter and putting a little cooling fan at the other end pulling air wouldn't be hard to do. 17 turn brush less would be a good size though with a 5000mh or bigger you could run for up to 20 minutes at a time I think. Not that I am a expert others will have more accurate info on this.