R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tool Box Essentials
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 07:58 PM
beetlebz
Tech Regular

Default Tool Box Essentials

woo, i thought it might be a great idea if we as a forum put our heads together and talked about what kinds of tools people keep in their tool box. i mean, everyone has a few screw drivers, some spare screws and parts, and a set of hex drivers, but i seriously doubt that most of us dont have quirky addons to the tool collection that have proven invaluable time and time again.

so, lets share our tool tips and tool box must haves!

this comes to me because i just went out tonight and bought myself some rediculous fishing tackle box thats PERFECT for a track box. its a plano 777, and while a bit pricey carries everything i need minus the car and radio. it even has a compartment for a spare set of mounted tires! a total of 5 pull out adjustable small parts trays, so you can get away with only having one small box at your bench at a time. and the best part is, when i go to the BMX track i have EVERYTHING i need with me to fix pretty much anything that comes up.

i think the #1 thing i have in my toolbox right now is a set of integy hex drivers. bullet proof, not horribly expensive, and replaceable tips! the 6pc set was only 30 bucks, which is great for the quality of them.

aside from that, i dont have any real indispensible gizmos as of yet