R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reload this Page Traxxas New 1/10 Rally car "On Road" Racing
Old 11-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Darnall
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up Reload this Page Traxxas New 1/10 Rally car "On Road" Racing

Here is quick video snip I shot of it on the track with my cell phone:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I Recently got a 1/10th Traxxas Rally and with a few changes this thing is planted and Unbelievably tough. Doesn't matter if the track is clean dirty, prepped not it is just stuck to the ground.

It is the same size as the GT8 so it is HUGE but it weighs 3 lbs less than the others (Serpent Cobra GT-e was compared)

Running with stock electronics (yes radio too).

Running 3S and stock gearing it is turning 19 sec lap times at Mikes GCR in Porter, TX. So pretty fast on the track just so stable and easy to drive it seems slower. Which I guess goes along with the saying "Slower is FASTER"

Upgrades on the car:

Running stock fluid in diffs and shocks, the springs that came with the GTR shocks which I think are 1.6 rate.

The thing is super easy to drive and goes where you point it. Can't flip it over (traction roll proof), Great steering, Can't get the back end loose. It is almost perfect!

The best part is with the super low CG chassis a change of tires and shocks and you are off roading. I'll do that and trow it on the off road track next to see how it does.

Which I think will really appeal to newcomers to racing...... Buy one vehicle and you can race on road or off road or both the same day and be competitive (or at least as much as a new racer can be).

Looks like Traxxas came up with the perfect Gateway drug (for would be racers)

I know of 4 other 1/10th rallys coming to the track soon so hopefully this will be a great fun class and more importantly generate some new life and interest in to the on road racing scene.

Please share what you guys are doing with yours?
-Set up?
-Pics?
-Tips?
-Tricks?

Pics are:

1. Stock out of the box next to a 1/16th Rally
2. With the parts on it next to another 1/16th Rally
3. After several batteries
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1(1).JPG
Views:	9527
Size:	163.6 KB