R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STRC Slash 4x4 LCG chassis coming soon
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Did take the LCG STRC Slash out last night during practice. Even with 12 plus guys on the track I did manage to run 4 tenths faster than even on this layout and could easily go faster once I got use to the truck again. Been running 2wd Slash now til my new STRC chassis shows up. If I really took the time last night I could easily shave another 2 tenths or more off my time.

I will say it is amazing how different running a 2wd SC is vs my 4wd SC. My 4wd just has so much instant power with that 3800 4 pole Castle motor. Amazing how much rip that little motor has.

Last night I really did get to play around with the motor mount. I didn't have long enough motor screws in so my motor was coming loose which was totally my fault. Nice thing though is I changed pinions 2 times last night and then used longer motor screws to mount the track part of the aluminum mount to my motor. Then sliding it into place and getting proper gear mesh was a breeze. Could of been easier!!!!!!!!!!! Just use the right sized screws for the motor.