R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC Tuner Magazine
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
RCTunerMag
Tech Rookie

InspGadgt & RedBullFiXX - Hi guys, one of the things that we are doing that we believe is very different from any other publishing company (from any industry) is that we have made ourselves available for feedback, comments, constructive criticism, whatever. Believe me, we hear you, we have always planned on publishing to more than the iPad. Like I said, that was just first considering the market share. Prior to launch we knew that not everyone would have an iPad and we want our product in as many hands as possible - like any publisher would want. Another thing you have to realize is that this is all very new, to everyone. This is like watching the Minority Report movie ten years ago and then using tablets and touch screens the next week. It's just not common yet. However, we do believe that this is the future of publishing and we want to be at the forefront. In a time when print media is dwindling away (I don't belive it will ever go away completely) we are striving to be the first and the very best in this new medium. Many standards are going to come and go in the years to come. Which is another reason for the iPad first...do you realize how many screen sizes and tablet pixel dimensions are available today? It's astounding and you have to design and publish to accommodate for each of them. But make no mistake, print is suffering. Newsweek is printing their last issue next month, they are going 100% digital. Extreme R/C Magazine...gone (sold and regrouped for web as far as I know). R/C Car Magazine...gone.

On this point, we hear you loud and clear and if you don't have a tablet yet we believe that you eventually will. Maybe you needed a better reason to own one. Maybe now that your hobby has a dedicated publication designed for tablets it may help you decide to get one. We believe that this is the future realized today and when you are ready, we will have the magazine for you and your passion.