R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna DM-1 Spec Electric 1/8 Gt OnRoad
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Bmr4life
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IvVaum
sold it eh?...ahahaha....all these toys are expensive...i downloaded the dm1 manual...and the first thing it said was....THIS IS NOT A TOY!!!!...i laffed...

if ur gonna be in this hobby...ur gonna be dishing out a ton of money that u'll never ever get back...and if ur planning to make money out of this hobby...pfftttt...i scoff at that too...this hobby is a money pit...period!

and i have to say...u did the right thing...u sold it before it became a larger money pit...i'm a newbie...and i've spent well over 4K already into 5 cars...and it's only been about 4 months...the wifey regretted the day i bought a merv for my son...it's been crazy...(once she finds out about this latest purchase...she's gonna flip her lid...might get to the point in which i might be camping on the couch)...

thanks for all the info...i appreciate it...if u've got more...keep them coming...and ur stuff...post up some pics...i'd like to see what u've done..
You need to learn to shop better. I have had 20 cars that didn't add up to $4k spent; I buy almost nothing new. My RC8T CE and RC8Be only cost me $500 for both (crazy ebay find). RTR with batteries, $100 steering servos MMM's and 2200kv motors. As for the XO-1, I only paid $550 it (RTR with batts), broke it twice which cost me $25 to fix (got lucky), then sold it for $800. I also sold it because I hated the controller. The chassis was pretty stellar in design though.

Take my GTP2e for example, I paid $125 for the roller. I've crashed it a couple times and have spent $35 fixing it. So now its on the shelf, too weak. My RC8Be can take a lot more abuse and go over 100mph so its my main high speed car now.

So while I agree this hobby is expensive, there are definitely smart ways to save money.