R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen mbx6 eco vs the serpent 811e
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 AM
blade329
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnieblaze
Good choice. I myself owned both. The mugen eco is hard to beat. Quality is excellent and when setup correctly is a dream to drive, which brings me to my next point. If guys don't spend enough time on setup to dial out issues they have then they will always find fault and disappointment in any kit. A loose rear end can be addressed on any car with competent setup. Some guys overpower the car with motors they don't need, and then you have most with no throttle control and driving skill so they blame the car.

First, the Serpent is a purpose built e-buggy and not a manufactures conversion of the nitro counterpart. You need not concern yourself with parts because you won't be needing them. Wear is also the best in the business, even better than that of Xray. And material quality is top shelf also. This leaves room for you to focus on setup and driving and not worn or broken parts. Congrats on the Serpent !!!!
+1. Yeah, tuning is a necessity for these buggies. Too many different conditions, tracks and driving styles. A stock setup can only assume so much.

+2. Serpent was the best quality of any car I have ever owned.