R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:01 AM
Qatmix
Tech Master

The 417 rotates a lot.. Thats the main issue, the car wants to throw its back end out more than the 416. On carpet that makes it a bit of a bugger to get settled.

I initially ran foams, the car was a nightmare compared to the Ta05ms (the best foam car since the original 415). But I eventually got it sorted and it was superb. We have now gone on to rubbers and I then had to dial more steering back into the car (Foams needed it dialed way back due to the amount of grip). The car rotates really well now.

This weekend I was at a regional style event, and considering I'm not the best driver in the world I managed 2nd in my class and got the fastest race time and laptime of the day with my 417.

Spares are easy to get, although in nearly 2 years of racing the 417 I have only broken a handful of cheap parts (C-hubs, Uprights) and replaced the suspension arms after a year just as they were starting to get a little loose. About £30 spares in that time is testament to Tamiya durability.

Really unless you are a worlds style driver all these top cars are good, its more about the colour of aluminium you like.

Last edited by Qatmix; 11-13-2012 at 02:35 AM.