R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM
TheCoolCanFanMan
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mb3195
I'm sorry but this is definately not true.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this sweep tyre but it is simply not as fast as the Sorex 28jb.

If everyone is honest, the Sorex is easily the fastest rubber tyre for carpet.

Whilst at rug racers you have 70 odd drivers racing on the same carpet laying sweep rubber onto it, if you run a Sorex tyre on the same piece of carpet it may not be
as quick, however on a standard club meet where new tracks are laid each week and people run what they want, 99% would choose the Sorex tyre.

Sorex last longer as well.
This sort of reply always makes me smile, as I have been testing these EXP-QTS tyres for months now in secret, along side sorex 28s JB blue inserts & 32s with JB blue inserts, and can categorically say that the 28s overheat after 3.5 mins in 13.5 Blinky, but am now running 17.5 Blinky so even less stress on these tyres, which = way more consistent times, and way more runs out of the tyres. 32s take a while to heat up, so unless you put tyre warmers on you will be slower than the EXP-QTS tyres from the off, and no I dont use tyre warmers as I feel there is no need, and yes I have tries them lol.

We do not have the luxury of having a fixed track to lay constant rubber down, but you have answered your question really about running the same tyre on a track, of course a certain tyre would work if it was used consistently, weather it was a sorex or EXP-QTS tyre, so theres no argument here

Cheers Malc