R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2013 1/8th Buggy Malaysia National League - New format
Old 11-12-2012, 04:37 AM
Danny Teh
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Important

Please read this. Expert drivers F1 & F2

The FEMCA 2013 will be based on MNL 2012 results.......the top 20 already qualify for the seats >> Expert class only.

Seat allocations in FEMCA for 2014

I receive numerous enquiries regarding FEMCA seats in 2014.........2014 >> Take note and not 2013

" If I race in F2, am I eligible for FEMCA event in 2014 "

Reply:- We haven't come to this yet.....so we have no idea yet nor any clue yet

But here is the scenario of what can happen.

Here is what MNL are for:-

1. Your National ranking; for your sponsors and your M'sia status
2. FEMCA seat allocations;
3. IFMAR seat allocations.

FEMCA

How many seat do M'sia have ?
10 to be exact.......20 seats with Alvin request beforehand
More than 20 >> Standby >> Waiting lists >> if other country's drivers don't turn up......we might get more.......

How does racing in F2 Expert class affect your seats in FEMCA race ?

1. Let be fair in this answer. What's your chances of making top 20 ??
2. Let's look at this year results.....2012......we already know who is in the top 20 in the expert class.......if FEMCA 2013, Alvin have more seats he would send more.........drivers
3. Similar if you race in the F2 class, you too get a chance going providing that Malaysia have more seats.......we are totally unsure of seat allocations. Normally prior to the event, we would all know as Alvin would post it year like this year FEMCA's event in Pattaya, Thailand.

Why Malaysia don't send beginners to FEMCA

FEMCA is not a normal race. You need to have skills, experience and compete in MNL in order to go.
Only qualify drivers get to go. In MNL you get to experience the format, rules and regulations of proper racing.

Why ?

I made a mistake once on advise of some LHS convincing me about his 2 beginners drivers wanted to go to FEMCA.
I give way not thinking it could be a nightmare.

The 2 drivers, didn't know what they are doing, crashing into other drivers, couldn't drive nor take the jump properly, ignore calls to fix their cars when they have a problem and keep on going.....because they thinks they pay RM$ 480 for FEMCA entry fees.......and they can go their way.
..Team Malaysia was call into a meeting......" Why Malaysia send uncapable drivers to FEMCA ? " ......and were going to disqualify the drivers.........

From there on, we have our own criteria and drivers reading please understand the situation which explains why Alvin doesn't send drivers to FEMCA or IFMAR events without no proper ranking.

Pattaya, Thailand

This year FEMCA event, we have the biggest M'sia contigent due to lower turnout from other countries....therefore we got all 32 seats in total. Even friends from Sabah and Sarawak get to go too.......so it is very difficult to say for now......what to expect in 2014......

MNL 2013 New format

Don't just think of FEMCA and ruin your race year. To force yourself to race in Expert F1 is a nightmare. You already have experience what is it like racing the top 20 drivers in the league..........so being in F2 would do you good as you are racing against drivers your own level.

You need to gradually improve your level of driving due to many constraints which you might have like budget, time for practice, skills and many more.

Therefore F2 is created for all this factors. You need more time. Put you back into the game and renew your confidence in the coming year.

But however, drivers decides where you wants to race.......once you put your name into that class......you are unable to change anymore.

So that's why I am posting this so early to let everyone read and give a thought about it........

DT

Last edited by Danny Teh; 11-12-2012 at 04:49 AM.