R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 12:43 PM
oilguy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
People are strange, some people like engines that act like slipper clutch, you pull the trigger and then after a small eternity it starts to spool up. And then they tune their engines really rich on the bottom in order to achieve this.
Myself I control my throttle input, so I prefer engines which respond the instant I need it, so if I pull the trigger there will be power coming accordingly, and I like my engines to be tuned so that they respond when I pull the trigger.

I think these other people who like to tune their engines really rich on the bottom are the ones who prefer the Vzb engines, they don't like bottom end power. I'm suspecting they treat the throttle trigger like a light switch, either off or on.

My vzb and bo1's are immediate response mills with unheard of low temps and idle consistancy...i think the vzb runs cooler, might, and i mean might, tune a lil easier or consistant, vzb are dime a dozen and cheap to make random parts work, seem a lil less finiky on pipe choice and they get better mileage....imo only and im not as seasoned with the xzb over the vzb nor have I, or plan on givin up on the xzb...