R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon)
Old 11-08-2012, 10:18 PM
B rad919
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by glen
I got to put some laps on CGRC's new track. The track lay out is driver friendly. It is a track that will build racers confidence. I was running my B4.1 with a 10.5 and a carpet setup with DD's on back and hole shot on front. The track is smooth enough that the stiffer suspension was not an issue. The track is new and I'm sure that soon a tire in the barcode arena will be the tire of choice, for now you can't go wrong with a hole shot, double dee type tire. Traction started coming in quickly and even with just one buggy ran on it, it has traction as good, if not better than Daves RC. At first my 10.5 was a little much but as the track started to develope it be came easier to to push it. I can see an 8.5 in my future.
The design of the track is such that it almost corn marshals it's self I put a complete battery pack on it and ony had to flip my car over a few times. The drivers stand is taller than what other tracks around here have, but it is perfect. you have a good view every where and corner marshalls creating bling spots shouldn't be an issue.

Brad and his crew has created a very nice race facility that they should be proud of. I suggest that you go down to CGRC and put some laps down. The next I5 series is at CGRC on the first and I expect it to be the best one sense the series start last year. The track is fast is is going to be fun to race.
Thanks Glen
Really looking forward to everyone coming out tomorrow night