R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What are the most important tuning settings on a 10th TC?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Lessen
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timbo99
I found this post very interesting,as I have had all four corners ok,but the car was tweaked when I throw it on my Hudy setup station,which I do in between runs.
So basically,I think a good rule is weight distribution is a great guide,but not actually right for checking tweak.
What do you think?
Cheers
Tim
If your chassis is very well balanced (built well), then corner loads will be a very accurate and reliable way to verify tweak. I have the Hudy tweak tool and NEVER use it after I understood how to analyze corner loads and apply the data. When I first got scales I struggled to understand the dynamic between measured corner loads, ride heights and chassis tweak. I took some time going back and forth between scales and the tweak tool until it dawned on me what was going on. Here's what I do...

-Check ride height at four chassis points. I always measure behind the front wheels and forward of the rears.
-Adjust pre-loads according to your particular setup
-Put the car on scales. If tweaked corner loads are observed I adjust accordingly (Add preload to the corners that are light compared to their L/R counterpart, decrease preload to the corners that are heavy. Adjust all 4 corners equally! ie. 1/16th turn)
-If adjusted corner loads get the car equal (and you properly adjusted preloads equally) then you should be able to observe ride heights as the same as was initially measured.
-If you cannot get the corner loads equal left to right (most likely you may get either the front pair equal but the rear is still off or vise versa), then your chassis is tweaked. As has been previously explained by others, loosen chassis and/or top deck screws and retighten. Don't be surprised if you do this then get corner loads nearly exactly where they need to be right away with no further adjustments.

I know it sounds like alot but it actually goes very quickly. I find it very convenient and reliable.