R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Radio Active
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
Thank you for supporting my statement, even if that wasn't your intention. It isn't about feeling anything between no throttle and full throttle, it is about feeling too much of a difference between full throttle and 15/16ths throttle. To me, backing off a minute amount feels like I have completely gone to neutral throttle. It always felt like there was no in-between, and for classes that you don't drive like an on/off switch I found that sensation rather annoying (for instance, 17.5 12th). Could I have played around even more with ESC settings to maybe help mask that feeling? Perhaps, but I chose to just use a different product that felt better out of the box and it still seems to be an issue that Tekin users complain about.

I also enjoy being able to try and get the hole shot, which seems to be an issue that has plagued nearly every single Tekin driver here locally.

You can be fast with any of these speedos, and they all have their own individual flaws and faults. I decided that, for me, the faults with the Tekin were too high of a price to pay, that's all. I harbour no ill-will towards Tekin or people who use Tekin, it just isn't the right product for me. My only goal in responding to the initial question was to explain the options as well as my experiences. I am pretty sure that is all we are capable of with any sort of question like this.
Is there any theoretical advantage to changing the throttle profile in the ESC rather than on the radio? I'm using a radio purchased in 2000 that has the ability to set up throttle curves, and even have stepped profiles if I want. I just have to know what type of throttle curve I want to program. The only thing I'm not sure I can do is push control. There is a setting for a different steering return rate, but I haven't found the throttle equivalent yet.