R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what to buy
Thread: what to buy
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 03:22 AM
bigalila
Tech Adept

As I just got into nitro this year, I may be able to provide a little insight. If you are already running the Losi 8ight E 2.0, why not get the nitro. This will cut down the amount of spares you need to keep on hand as a lot of the parts are interchangeable. You also have experiance with the chassis already so set up and tuning should be easier. I bought the RTR to get started. Comes with most everything needed to get started. The Losi 350 engine is no P.O.S. Either. I ran it most of the season, almost 8 gallons through it and it is still going strong. The servos though, that's a different story. Use them for breaking it in, but replace them before putting it on the track for any racing. They will let you down. I'm running the 2.0EU now. Love this buggy and to the dismay of all my new friends I made at the track, I'll be sticking with the Losi for a while. (they are all Xray fans) As with anything though, do your research and get what feels right for you. You can also go down to the track and check out your options. Go talk to people and see if they will let you take a good look at what they are running, or even run a couple laps with it. That's how I made my decision. Take care and have fun making the decision!