R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I dont know what to buy...
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 10:40 PM
beetlebz
Tech Regular

very true aaron, it is a tough call. but im looking at it strictly from the point of view of someone just getting into nitro. to someone who doesnt or hasnt spent alot of time with an RC car the radio will probably be the last thing (well, the Rx anyway) thought about. i still dont think id know a digital steering servo from a hampster pulling a bell crank. and ive been driving a crap load. im thinking more along the lines of replacement parts for the inevitable beginners mistakes, and forgiving feel (i think the rtr gt is extremely forgiving for beginners as setup at the factory) as well as having a good experience in actually performing the repairs.

i definitely started in the wrong spot and got a chop shop project truck for my beginners ride and while i amazing somehow came out of it with a damn fine truck and a hell of alot of know-how as to the inner workings of an rc car, i can definitely see where anyone else in my shoes would be easily discouraged from the hobby with all the repairs and maintenance required. mine was a wierd obsessive tick i had for some reason, only thing that kept me from chucking it. i could have bought two FT GTs by now with what ive spent, but like i said, it was a weird thing lol

id just like to make sure your first nitro experience is a good one rex