R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 motor ideas?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Overdriven
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The CC1518 1800kv is better suited. It's a slightly longer motor so it has more torque and the 1800kv would allow 5s in the Losi mount and better gearing options in a different mount. It's a pretty kick ass motor all around, its shame they stopped making the bigger motors. I know I'll probably regret selling it but I don't see a use for it anytime soon.

Since Aqueel brought it up, a word about Lipos and C ratings (burst ratings). Anything with 25c constant or more will be sufficient, unless it's an ultra cheap pack like a Zippy. A motor will draw a given number of amps according to its setup regardless of the battery powering it. A higher C rating just provides a bigger "gas tank" for it to draw from and has no effect on motor and esc temps provided it can supply the required amps for the setup. There may be instances where the Lipo pack will be on its limit and not able to provide the required amps restricting the amp draw, while another higher C rated pack will allow full amp draw. Example: a setup will draw 100amps but a low c rated lipo can only provide 90. In this case you may see a difference in motor temps between the two Lipo packs as more amps generally equals higher temps, but the difference shouldn't be all that great to cause concern. If anything you should be more concerned about the lipo pack itself in these instances. Drawing too many amps from a Lipo can heat it up and cause puffing ruining the pack.

Last edited by Overdriven; 11-06-2012 at 08:25 AM.