R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 01:33 PM
morgoth
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by whiteflagwar
I'm sure in mod every little bit helps. Did you run ecs' when you were running 17.5? I'm just curious if you notice the difference as much in a slower class? Also, you and I are the only ones running P37's, anybody ever tell you that you are crazy for running this body? Everyone seems to think its the worst body out there.
Yup, indeed. Sometimes I can make small adjustments in stock and my car feels a little different, but not that much. I doesn't make me more consistent or very. If I do the same adjustment in mod, the difference is way bigger imo.

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I know racers who run the regular drive shafts in mod because they bind up and help to slow the car down, around here you will see everyone running fast in spec classes run ecs because the drivetrain runs smoother. The car just feels better at full lock with them, I have been running the spec r v2s lately and they are holding up the best for me, I did change the pins though, the stock ones are not great.
I find that the transition between ~75% and near full lock is quite harsch and that makes my rear breaking lose. I think it's because of the binding that occurs on the front shafts. I don't have this issue in stock and a very little bit in stock. I don't need as much steering in (super)stock as in mod and if I reduce my dual rate to 93% that effect is almost completely gone.

Anyway, too bad no one has a pair to test so I'll probably end up buying a pair. Not sure if I'd go with the Xray ones or the Spec R V2's?