R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 05:01 PM
=MisFitz= NuKe
Tech Master

Originally posted by rcspeedo
Hi,

Just got my KO Helios with the adaptor and am happy with the way it feels on my hand. I still have to thoroughly try this out this Sat. during our club race. The only thing I don't like about this is the Manual as you would need to do a bit of deciphering to understand the English.

Just like to verify about the steering setup, what would be equal to EPA and DR? Is it advised to setup EPA to 100% L/R and adjust the DR to get the steering?

Thanks.
Well, I am not sure if this is what you are asking about, but EPA %L/R is how much percentage of the full throw, left or right, the wheels will turn. For example, if the wheels turn 2 inches (just a number), if you set your EPA %L to 50% it would only turn 1 inch to the left. These numbers are not exact or anything, but just using it as an example (usually used to set the throw left or right, to not strain the servo). DR or dual-rate, is how much of the total throw the servo will turn, in both directions. So after you set your EPA, lets say to 80% L and 75% R. When you go and turn down the DR to 90 from 100, it will turn 10% of 80% to the left less, and 10% of 75% to the right less.
Hope this helps,
Mike Patterson