R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I F M A R starts or heads up
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Silver Cup
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mal
I disagree, the people being lapped should not hold their line. That's just asking to be taken out specially if you have to slow down and follow that car for serveral laps. I don't mean pull over either. If the guy is fast enough to put a lap down on you then giving a little opening for the inside line is enough.

I totally disagree on heads up. Qualifying is about who has the best line and who's most consistant. Qualifying shouldn't be who has the most luck passing back markers. If you make qualifying similar to mains, it just makes back markers more reluctant to give you room to pass. The racing should be done in the mains.
Do they have heads up in real race car quals? (not sure since I don't watch a lot of racing) Only in Drag racing that I know of.

People do not always just move over in real racing either. I agree they should give you some room on an inside line so not to lose any ground they have made. When I was involved in racing real cars we had one qualifier and heat races then a trophy dash then the main. The qualifying was to see which heat you were in then the winners and the tope 3 or 4 from the heats ran a trophy dash then the main. The heats set us up for the main and then in some cases they inverted the top 3, 6 or 10 depending on how many cars there were. Your right about qualifying being about the best line around the track........Is it that bad to have racing for a position to have some fun with each other all day long??

I agree to disagree no harm intended by any means, just stating opinions as well.