R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 11-03-2012, 07:42 PM
binbrook310
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Gubernator46
Wow, 9mm that sounds crazy!!!
I have dry tried the evans setup, but I can't get below 19mm without cutting the springs. But even with 19mm the chassis will bottom out, if I drop it from 20cm height.

But well, this reminds me of the early 80ies, when I was running on road with the first full suspension 1/8 cars. The Serpent Quattro didn't had shocks and the springs were kind of torsion springs which had to be set up by set screws. In that days, we often used to bring the ride height down with the droop screw.
This way the suspension was some kind of preloaded. From what I remember, it was really hard, to get any tweak out of the suspension...

But later, when I was fast with this car, I never preloaded the suspension anymore ;-)
What is the Evans setup, havent seen that one before, doesnt seem to be many scte carpet setups on the web, I have came up with this setup trial & error over the last 2 years (bought one from the very first batch). I have shaved every unecessary part of this truck, moved the battery back about 3/4- 1" back on a custom lexan battery tray that places the battery about 3/4" closer to the center of the chassis, moved the rx to the other side in front of the battery and lowered esc, servo mount etc. I have been determined to make this thing very competitive with a whole field of Durangos. I even bought a durango to drive it, and do some r&d to see what make them tick and resold it after my research, lol. THought about swapping center driveshafts to center diff on the chassis and move it to the rear more, but i already have more than enough steering, the only thing left to do is get the driver (me) more tuned up to beat that one last Durango at our track and im nipping at his heels, but hes good!