R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 11-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Gubernator46
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by binbrook310
I am running indoor carpet with a 9mm ride height, with full droop, silver front springs with no adjusters, black front springs in rear 35/30 shock oils, i cand drop it from 2ft and it doesn't bottom out. Eating all but one Durango for breakfast at our track, and i'm just as fast as that one, he just doesn't screw up at all, and i usually do once or twice, and i mean by screwing up, missing my line not crashing.
Wow, 9mm that sounds crazy!!!
I have dry tried the evans setup, but I can't get below 19mm without cutting the springs. But even with 19mm the chassis will bottom out, if I drop it from 20cm height.

But well, this reminds me of the early 80ies, when I was running on road with the first full suspension 1/8 cars. The Serpent Quattro didn't had shocks and the springs were kind of torsion springs which had to be set up by set screws. In that days, we often used to bring the ride height down with the droop screw.
This way the suspension was some kind of preloaded. From what I remember, it was really hard, to get any tweak out of the suspension...

But later, when I was fast with this car, I never preloaded the suspension anymore ;-)