R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Quantra
Tech Adept

Big thank you to everyone who offered me advice on getting my car to bite. Had another go today and things were much better. I started with my old set up but just stood the shocks up to hole 3 F+R. Car was really like driving on ice. I lowered camber links by 1mm, felt some more side bite but car was rotating like mad. Went up to #1000 in the rear diff and the car started rotating nicely but was still a bit slidey. Put the thinner top deck on and the car became much more to my liking, really digging in and not sliding in the corners at all unless I carried too much speed on entry. Car was a little slow on exit so went to 2.5 rear toe and it was all good. Last final had a bit of fun and put a front one way in. Quite good with the one way so long as everything was going to plan, as soon as I made a mistake and had to correct something the one way was not so fun!

Important thing is I'm leaving the rostrum with a smile again =D Big race this Sunday so let's hope I can keep the car handling sweetly.

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
i would like to know what numbers corespond with witch side of the wishbone
thanks
If you look from the top of the wishbone so you can see where the holes are on both sides then hole 1 is the furthest out (closest to the wheel) and 4 is the most inward (closest to centre). The holes alternate from side to side, so the side with the furthest out hole has hole 1 and 3 and the other side is 2 and 4. If you look on a set up sheet then the diagram is arranged so that hole 1 looks further out than hole 2. HiH.