R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 04:19 AM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I actually did have the same trouble with the short button head screws being tight in my cars but I just used my 2mm ball wrench on those for the initial build. Since, they've opened up a bit and I can use a standard wrench on all of them. I'm sure they don't manufacture the screws there so that can be a tough thing to make sure is 100% perfect all the time being the volume of screws a mfg goes through. Honestly, considering all the other possible things I've seen over the years - bad hinge pin fit, bent bulkheads, bent chassis, bent screws, bad materials - a wrench not fitting perfectly was hardly a cause for concern IMHO.

The shocks, yes can be a bit tricky. I didn't drill anything on mine but I did bleed them as I used to for the Xray car - Seat the bladder, screw the cap on all the way and then bleed from the bottom. I am going to play with the shocks a bit more over the coming weeks to learn some new set-ups with them. Really, it's going to be tough to bleed them any other way with how tight the bladder fits in the cap.

I'll get the recient set-up from the Halloween Classic up asap. The track layout was an awesome track to test on so I think I made up some good ground on a more "flat" and balanced set-up. The first ones I had (more like kit) were great for hairpins and a really aggressive/small track but for higher speed/flowing tracks it was just way too hard to drive.