R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC design talk.
Thread: TC design talk.
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 09:24 PM
silvalis
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
No are you sure it looks like the bearing are in a separate brace and you can remove the two screws to remove the bearings. The bearings are not inside the pulley. I swear that's how looks.
Just checked the pdf manual again, I think you're thinking of the sakura.

The 411 has the two bearing holders held by screws onto the spur bulkhead. You can undo these and slide the holder off and the bearing will usually come with it. The spur has a tube that extends into the bearing. If you pull the bearing holders off, the topdeck still traps the whole spur assembly into the U of the spur bulkhead.

When I had mine, I was under the impression that the idea was to be able to undo the topdeck->spur bulkhead screws for more flex without compromising the spur clamping.

The sakura has a screw holding the bearing onto the spur tube. From what I recall the tube slides out of the spur holder/clamp. Pull these through and the spur assembly is free. (Sort of. You still have to deal with the belts)

Originally Posted by RCknight
I have to say design wise, I feel like the T4 R&D team lacks attention to details or chooses to take productions short cuts at the expense of better design features. The bumper and steering rack just seem slapped together. Speaking only of design features here though.
What's wrong with the bumper and the steering rack? Plastic?