R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC design talk.
Thread: TC design talk.
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 02:10 AM
bucketboy
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
I'm thinking smaller motors couldnt be pushed to the same speeds as we r running now but I'm one of those that thinks even spec racing is still 2 fast ... if mod guys r running9.8 and stock is running 10.4 in indoor tracks I think that's way too close . I'm thinking a 2 sec spread between classes .

motor and battery size specs were to change and give the community a 2yr notice to get ready .
I would be happy with making a change or even being slower running the new tech . But I would have a headstart on feel of the newer stuff by time everyone made the change
I have been racing for 20 years, still enjoy it, but if you made all classes slower I would pack in tomorrow, 6/10th spread might not sound like a lot but it still is a massive difference, almost 2 laps in five minutes, it also doesn't say how good (or bad) your mod drivers are.

Racing is by its very definition trying to be faster than anyone else, surely it is the aim of a racer to go faster not slower, I have no interest in plodding around a track with 17.5 or 13.5 blinky, I want a motor to give more power than I can possible need, I don't want a motor to give me less than I can use, it would be like making Usain Bolt wear lead boots

If there are too many classes, get rid of the slow one not the fast ones

Bb