R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS
Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 03:54 PM
ChadCapece
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Lars Johnson
I understand your POV on that, but i would have to disagree. I dont think that it will be stealing any sales from the XXX-S at the moment, mainly because the XXX-S RTR's see the majority of the sales, at least they did when i was working at the carpet track here. I can agree with your point on the serious racers investing in a XXX-S right now, but any (or most) serious racers are up to date on what is going on, and know that the new car is coming anyways. I think that most die hard TL serious racers have already purchased a G+, and probably are looking forward to the release of a new car for the winter season.

I also dont consider this a totally different car as opposed to the evolution of the xxx-s. I'm sure the design team had spent many hours re-vamping the xxx-s and ended up utilizing the components in the new car for one reason or another (probably as a noticed improvement). The new car had to evolve from somewhere... I also see your point about driving current xxx-s owners towards other options, but i think that it opens the door for anyone ever interested in the xxx-s to take a good hard look at what Losi will be offering in the future.
You both make good points.
In my opinion, the market value of a XXX-S kit will go down, and the used kits will be oversupplied and the demand will be less. Since the new car is coming out, TL will have a hard time selling any G+ kits, unless there is a large amount of impatient touring drivers. I know, I wouldn't buy a new XXX-S with a new kit on the horizon and a flood of TL's on the used market.

Being that the car has two exposed belts, it will be in the same situation as X-Ray. Only the elite drivers will buy this kit, because the maintence level needed for two belt designs. In another POV TL might increase sales if the price of a XXX-S is lowered dramatically, because that gives the beginners a very competitive kit, for a inexpensive price.