R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:11 PM
RC*PHREAK
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
It's a practice day, with a lot of bashers driving slash, and even mini-8ight, and with 3 little cute track marshals running around busy flipping those mini-8ights.

So, I was a bit nervous driving it, trying no to crash into anyone's car, and definitely don't want to hurt those track marshals.

It's a bit blurry in the video, but the red beans right beside the straight way are the killers.
In fact, taking the outside lane on the straight is very dangerous. Those pipes kind of sucks the car over it, and even top racers there have crashed there (and brake the right front suspension for sure). and I've crashed there twice.
That's why every time I go into the straight way, I can't pull full throttle until I'm sure the car is safe.

also, the fast sweeper right after the straight way is kind of difficult (for me), you need to slow down, but definitely not with your tail sliding out.
I ended up setting the rear ride height low, and soften the rear damping to keep the rear wheel on the ground more.

For what you've seen, the truck is performing fairly neutral, with slight bit of understeer, and slight power oversteer.

I'll try controlling my finger applying half brake into the sweeper, and then use a more tail happy setup.
i saw you running your truck yesterday (i was driving the losi with the camouflage lid). for me, the best way to attack that sweeper is not to brake. about 2/3 of the way down the straight, i'll let off the throttle and start my turn, then i'm on (feathering) the throttle through the turn. i've tried the "hammer it till you're bout to turn, then brake, then mash the throttle" method and it's not as fast for me. it's smoother not to have to brake and when you apply a bit of throttle during the turn (more throttle than you think), you're rear end is less likely to wash out. of course there are a lot of factors. right now i have more of an outdoor set up on my truck so my front diff fluid is relatively thick (7K) so it steers real nice on throttle. if i went to more of an indoor set up, that sweeper would probably give me more trouble.