R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - entry level 1/10 touring car?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 10:19 AM
orcadigital
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I'll take on everybody....lol.... I think there was a TA06 pro at One of the practice sessions posting similar laptimes as my tc4 at 8.4volts... Once I start charging at higher voltage, it will be a wrap....lol... By the way, I only use 48p for strength, although most racers use 64p....
FYI, legal limits at any sanctioned race is 8.4V. I doubt that everyone is running at 8.6, but if they are, that's an issue with the track not enforcing rules. Also, .2V will not cut a second off your lap times...

Originally Posted by Resqnu
Thank for everyones help....I ordered the TC6.1ft. I will be messing around in parking lots and trying racing on a concrete track.
What are the minimum set up tools needed for a tc? Not looking to spend to much as this is my first try at touring and want to make sure I like. But I also want to be able to set my car up as needed to enjoy the car and bring it up to racing standards. I've been racing sct 2 &4wd for years and spare no expense on them. I hope I will enjoy racing tc just as well and if so with buy the best set up tools.
Many thanks for everyones help.
Congratulations on your purchase. $250 for a 6.1 is an awesome deal, and the car is great out of the box. For tools, you will want a full set of decent wrenches (metric 1.5mm - 3mm). For setup, I would see if you can borrow the setup tools first, but if you want to buy them, 3Racing makes a very nice setup that is very inexpensive. You can also find new and used integy setup stations for good prices. Hudy is the king as always, but any aluminum setup station will last you a lifetime. You will want a good quality ride height gauge and something to use as a setup board that is true and flat. Everything else you can add later (droop blocks, balance pins, etc).

As you are just starting, avoid lightweight bodies! You may even consider shoe goo reinforcement in key areas as well, but that is up to you. Lightweight = thinner = less durable.

Just do the opposite of whatever bertrands says and you will be fine.