R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:33 AM
eds24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CNTRFLD
Thats awesome! How did you do that?! What type of polish did you use... tools? great work!
Thanks! well.. first I stripped the anodizing useing easy-off oven cleaner.. ( greased lightening also works) there are many videos on youtube on how to do it.. pretty simple.

Then I used this stuff called Mothers mag and aluminum polish.. I just took some of that and applied it with a cloth to each part.. then with a clean cloth buffed it and wiped it off.. worked great. It took forever to do it by hand though.. I would recommend a dremel with some type of polishing attachement

Well guys I got done building the kit last night at around 4am.. it was an absolute dream to build.. once I started I couldn't stop. I used to be an Associated fan..but, now I don't know if I could own another car other than an Xray. I built a TC6 a couple years back and it was a nightmare compared to the Xray. Even the parts I hate building (turnbuckles,shocks,diffs) went to well great. Love the quality it's totally worth the extra money.

I think the silver turned out looking pretty good on it as well oh.. and I know I'm missing my servo post.. I won't be using it also noticed I need to adjust my shock collars haha

Last edited by eds24; 10-29-2012 at 10:30 AM.