R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 08:25 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by jihernandez
Thanks so much for the assistance guys. Really appreciate it.

However, I don't think my Sirio is the EVO2 type. I think this is the 1st. It has a black heatsinc head.

Moreover, I don't see any midrange needle.

It only has the HSN, the low-end at the opposite side and the idle needle. The place you mentioned where the mid-range will be found is just a silver thing with a hex screw head. I reckon this is only for closing and opening the carb.

Also, I still have yet to put the car down to run around the tracks coz when I put it down, the engine dies. While my car is still on top of the starter box and it freewheels, whenever I press the brakes in full, the engine dies.

I tried turning in the idle. Now when I am braking, it doesn't die but the idle goes down. Once I release the brakes, idle goes up again.

Also, the wheels are moving while it is on the bench. Do I touch the low end needle?

It's OK, those carb settings for the Evo 2 will work the same, and you don't have to worry about the mid range needle , which is fixed....but let me warn you...some of those old style carbs had air leaking problems...if you find later when racing that you do, just change the carb for a Nova based engine carb...don't waste your time trying to fix it.

About your car dying when hitting the brakes, or when put on the track, and wheels moving while on the bench, indicates me that your clutch is engaging to early, killing the engine. You need to check that it is well built and free spinning until the engine reaches a higher rpm.

AFM