R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 07:58 AM
303slowdown
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quantra
For the last few weeks I've been struggling with my 417X. We've switched over to a new control tyre and everyone else seems to be getting on well with them. After some weeks of tuning I have the car almost handling sweetly with just a bit of over rotation on exit. The issue I have is the car still feels like it's floating on top of the carpet instead of digging in, I don't feel confident with the car and sometimes I'm doing a lot of work with steering and throttle to keep it on line.

So I was wondering what you guys do to get the car to dig in and feel confident and consistent on carpet?

I've attached a set up sheet and left the shocks as TRF with #450 in but actually I've started using the AME TSHOX which has helped make the car feel smoother but still not dig in. Is anyone else using the TSHOX and do they have a set up for carpet for them?

Also from this set up sheet I have tried Tamiya springs white/blue, these just took away a little steering but no help and a slower lap time. 1k diff oil made the car too under steer and I had full lock in the sweeper. Shorter wheelbase made the car nervous. Standing shocks up made the car feel like it had less grip.

Here is the set up sheet, any advice is appreciated http://static.quantra.webfactional.com/ask_rctech.pdf

TIA!
You could lower your inner camber links for some camber gain. And moving the battery back would make the car transition a little harder.