R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 02:49 AM
markt311
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I got to run my first VTA car on Wednesday, I've been gathering parts to get it running for a few weeks now. I'm an offroad guy, been racing since '91. Its a big learning curve for me, but a local racer helped me get my droop and settings close. I was ok with the car. Chris, the guy who helped setting it up, ran some fast laps. Batman tried it and commented it wasn't an Associated; ever helpful lol.

My setup:
Xray T2R Pro, old Sky Rc 4k 40c lipo, ballistic, geared 94/41 for now. need to add a fan and gear up a few teeth.

I felt the car was pretty smooth, a little pushy going in to the corner and loose on exit. Slow on the straight. I was only able to get one run on borrowed tires and body, but it was decent. I'm going to go through the shocks tomorrow. I only had time to look at the rears this week.

I'm looking for some tungsten or brass weights, I had to add 6 3/4 oz and its just too many pieces to keep a clean chassis setup.

Overall I'm excited to try a new class out and hopefully I can keep improving with lots more practice.