R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 01:12 PM
sdnspecial
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by K_King
Testing is hard to do. Think about it for a second. The car is built for racing, not bashing, so it doesn't make sense to see how much abuse it can take and then adjust accordingly. That is my opinion alone. If that would happen the cars would be heavier, thicker, and overall built for abuse instead of racing. Unfortunately its the price we pay for wanting a pure racing car. Yes things can be improved, but that goes with everything, and I'd rather Pros test a car to make sure its good compared to average drivers who club race.

I mean no offense.

I respectfully disagree with you on most of what you are saying about the testing. Yes testing is hard but its worth it in the long run. Most of the problems that are happening currently are in a racing condition, and not bashing. I agree that the top guys should be testing the cars but I also believe the lower B and C drivers should have a crack at it like they did with the RT5. The testing in my option wasnt done as well it should have been done, We all over shoot landings in racing condition with hard landings and if this is a problem it should have presented its self fairly quickly like it has when the car came out.

Usually the General population is a good test of durabilty for a car and thats where you normally find alot of the hidden weak items but why not make sure.