R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 02:05 PM
gwhiz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by swimbikerun
I finally had time and finished building my BD7. The only thing that I'm not quite done yet is finding a battery that is around 280-290grams. The Revtech battery I bought is 310g! The car is coming in at 1407 grams and I'm heavy on the battery side by roughly 30 grams. Besides the Orions which come in around 285 grams? It seems Thunderpower and Reedy packs come in at similar 310 grams.
I'm with you, but have no experience with Orion batteries. Not recently anyway.

Since the battery fairies dont seem concerned at all about weight, it just grows without limits.

I still use these (or the deans version of the same thing). They are light, thin, and have reasonably good punch. Everything you could want in a single component which constitutes more than 1/5 of the total mass of your vehicle .

If they could put the big numbers on the stickers for these, I suppose they would. They definitely hold more than the advertised 5300 mAh, and the IR measures lower on my equipment than the big baller Reedy 6500x65 which I measured at 304 grams. But yeah the new porky stuff must still be better despite the increased weight. Of course.

Yes that is a TWIX wrapper. I realize how ironic that is.

Last edited by gwhiz; 10-21-2012 at 02:19 PM.