R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 07:40 PM
pickled
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RcJunky76
Yeah I read threw the last few pages and seen what all is up too.. So you think the SSK for the X1 will work? Have a set in my cart but waiting to place order till tomorrow to see if they update, belt tensioner is out of stock..
What spur cover is that,
Yeah Racing Spur Gear Support Plate. the ssk's will definitely fit they're the same size as the TRF double cardins, they come with a thinner bearing for the knuckle just swap out the inner bearing with the one that comes with the axles and they'll fit snug. I think I could use the ssk outer shaft as a replacement for the double cardin outer shaft, they look the same except the thread on the ssk is slightly longer but that won't matter and the price is awesome at less than half the price of the double cardin outers, the reason I bring this up is because when I was at my LHS track the other day a guy there hit the wall and snapped his front axle off at the bearing, although he was running alloy rims. It was a yokomo and he only had dog bone shafts but I figure something like that is bound to happen eventually
Hopefully today I'll have enough cash to buy the alloy suspension mounts from the Zero and the 2 piece Mounts from the XI.

Last edited by pickled; 10-21-2012 at 05:57 AM.