R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 10:15 PM
maxepower
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by TryHard
Because we're a friendly bunch really...

Have you tried 60wt Schumacher oil with the 3 hole pistons per chance? if so what did you think? I swapped to this recently after noticing most of the TRF drivers using this shock setup (I had previously been using Schumacher 50wt oil with 2 hole piston, and the new shock setup seems fairly similar)
[EDIT - Might help if I read whole post beforehand, although I blame the Alc-hic-hol.... )

Any chance of describing what the change in piston (ie from 2 hole to 3 hole) does? I've been trying to work through it myself, and have got no-where.

Good luck at the worlds by the way. Not far off now

Regards
Ed
Speaking of set up tips how about this.
First, I'm a little confused on the setting of droop. Not on what affects it has on the car but more like how to check droop and measure droop i.e. I believe that most racers I see checking droop are using a tool or tools that measure the distance between the chassis and the bottom of the A-arm.
But I also have seen racers adjust the droop screws and then measure the length of the shock! Next, some set-up sheets (TAMIYA) call out a distance between the chassis and the center of the wheel hub. Last, droop is the amount of vertical travel the chassis moves until the wheel come off the ground. Is this what you measure when you say you have 2mm droop in the car (TAO4 settings). If so how do you measure this? One more issue with droop! If someone measures droop by the distance bewteen the chassis and the A-arm and they increase this distance, aren't they actually decreasing the amout of droop i.e reducing the amount of up travel?
Some clarity would be appreciated!
Thanks!