R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 10-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Taylorm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
For all your building skills, for all the E-bay parts you've bought, for the parts I've loaned you, why can't you guys get a old pan car to work? Buy it a new motor, Rick was putting new wheels on RC 300 years ago. We've been treated to hints of what they can do. Now you went to make a 1/10 scale car, how cute!
We've got what we need, we just need more of it. Bring us another European pan. A Edam RTR run pan car. (Sorry, 4wd is to complex to make a good RTR). A good strong 1/8th pan program will lead us to an even stronger 1/8th 4wd program. Putting even the cutest of off scale cars out there will split what racers we gave up and make the days longer.
Can't get old pan car to work because multiple reasons....1.....tires...I call BSR and the phone jockey on the other end wants me to shoot off an email to John.... And as usual when you send a company an email these days they don't answer... 2...don't have a lathe/ mill to make adapters to fit new rims/ tires... Other wise I think the ole RC300 had moments of promise.. Need to find me a local machine shop ....